Flash Title 80 pixel

Friday, August 2, 2013

Week 1: Body by Vi - 90 Day Challenge

It is officially here! The end of week one!
 
Like most people, I have an issue with redundant tastes or anything that is going to take me out of my food "comfort zone". But surprisingly enough, there were so many shake recipes that my biggest issue was choosing which shake to make. They were all so good and sweet. What's funny is I'm a chocolate lover, but I hate sweets! So I thought the cake mix was going to be too sweet, especially in the mornings. But again I was mistaken. The first couple of days took some getting used to but I was determined to overcome. :)
 
I've struggled with weight gain over the last couple of years; which became more complicated this year when I was diagnosed with inoperative Degenerative Cartilage in my dominate, left wrist.Which has seriously stunted any physical activity involving me holding any weight or supporting my own. So my decision to try Visalus was that of desperation; not only for my self image but more so to gain and maintain a healthy lifestyle. Being so young, 30, I didn't want this to be the beginning to my end.
 
But let's back up. For those of you who missed it, I am taking the Body by Vi - 90 Day Challenge. I want my readers to have an honest account of this weight loss product. In the end, the results and opinions are my own and in no way reflect the brand as a whole. I am not a spokesperson for the product, nor an I being paid by Visalus or any of its affiliates.  
 
Whew! Now that, that is out of the way we can move on...  As promised I did not work out or change my lifestyle the first week. I am a blogger and a magazine editor so as you can tell, I do A LOT of sitting down. But this week, starting today, I will start back walking in the evening with my husband and doing some light cardio in the gym or some Zumba Fit at home. But nothing to intense, it's only the second week.
 
Because the shakes are meal replacements, I had to train myself to actually eat during the day. Something I find hard to do for some reason. And because I don't eat "enough" my metabolism is extremely slow. But around day 3 that all changed. After my first shake in the morning, I was energized all the way until about noon, when my body decided that it was hungry, I mean HUNGRY and needed food. I started telling my husband that I was craving certain foods. My metabolism has kicked back in! I crave water (all day), and fruit, and boiled eggs, or grilled chicken, and veggies (which I love anyway). It's like my body is remembering what it needs to run again.
 
So, starting this week I will be more interactive with you and try to blog everyday so that you can see my results. But this is not a one woman show. If you have any questions or concerns or even have a story to share comment below. I'll always respond. Or if its personal, email me: TransitionsMagazine@live.com
 
I haven't weighed in today so I will post those results later this evening.
Kisses!
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment